Job Description: Product & Pricing Manager
Company: IM European Motors Ltd, Citroën & DS Ireland
Primary Location: Citroën & DS Ireland, Airside Motor Park, Swords, Co. Dublin. K67 W7Y0
OVERALL ROLE PURPOSE:
IM European Motors Ltd are seeking to appoint an excellent Product and Pricing Manager whose role will be to manage the competitive positioning of the entire Citroën Passenger Car and Light Commercial Vehicle range, as well as the development of the emerging premium DS Automobiles brand in Ireland. The successful candidate will work in an efficient and effective manner, liaising with the Sales, Finance, Marketing and Supply departments ensuring product competitiveness, plan the full product life cycle and price positioning.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a senior executive to move into a managerial role, reporting directly to the Managing Director, with excellent benefits where they can grow and develop, in a company that offers a long term career path.
The Product & Pricing Manager will act as the distributor's main point of contact with the vehicle manufacturer based in France. With a specific remit for determining the preferred product range and the associated available options with each product, the Product & Pricing Manager is a pivotal appointment within the business. He/she will be seen as an expert in terms of market and competitor analysis, vehicle product offerings and will be a reference point for the dealer network as they provide detailed customer feedback relating to new products.
PRODUCT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consolidate market intelligence, report on monthly economic, industry, vehicle and finance actuals and provide input to creating accurate forecasts
- Monitor and analyse competitor environment and activity (pricing & product) and provide insight and competitor product analysis reports
- Manage all new product/model year changes from France in line with local market trends and customer requirements
- Publish product communication on all product changes for circulation to dealer network
- Manage the production of all product literature including brochures, price lists and sales guides
- Review all communications (brochures, website, press releases, training material, advertising, ordering guides etc) to ensure accuracy of product information
- Coordinate and manage internal product launch meetings with key management and significant stakeholders
- Liaise with French product team to negotiate changes to the Irish product offerings
- Act as product point of contact to the retailer network and internal staff
- Create, manage and update the Citroën & DS model range costings, ensuring both the accuracy and consistency of retail pricing, dealer margins and importer margins
- Attend and animate product launches with the Irish journalists
- Deliver product training to the dealer network
- For this role you should be an automotive professional, with 3-5 years’ experience in the industry, most recently in product planning and pricing
- You will be excellent in negotiation, analytical thinking, problem solving, detail orientated, focused, with excellent interpersonal skills
- In depth knowledge of the Irish automotive industry
- Be competent in market analysis techniques including JATO V4, and be familiar with customer and competitor profiling
- Strong understanding of lean principles and the supply chain function
- Demonstrate an ability to provide forecast analysis of emerging product trends and associated customer values
- Knowledge of the French language is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Advanced level in Microsoft Office Suite
- Have a relevant Bachelors Degree, or equivalent other
- Full clean Irish driver’s licence essential
IN A PEOPLE CONTEXT:
- Actively seeking feedback on their own performance from others and taking action to develop and improve their own capabilities accordingly
- Actively contributing to the development of an IM Group "team culture" that Citroën & DS Ireland is part of
- Being responsive to colleague queries and requests for support
- Collaborate with him/her routinely and naturally, and treat them as a valued member of the team.
- Demonstrate confidence in the role holder as a colleague
- See a motivated, high performing product team member, working as one with their colleagues, to achieve, and often beat, their plans and goals
- Consistently receive positive feedback on his/her behavior, and therefore perceive them as a role model
Applications are invited by email with a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by Wednesday 30th November 2016. Please note only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted. Competitive package will be available to the successful candidate and will be depending on experience.
You can download the Job Description here